Kardashian get a prenuptial agreement or not?
June 13, 2011
Kim Kardashian, reality TV star of
Keeping Up with the Kardashians, had only
Kris Humphries, NBA player, for 6 months
when she came home one afternoon to find the question "Will you marry me?"
spelled on her bedroom floor in rose petals surrounded with dozens of
candles. After a "yes" to boyfriend Humphries,
Kardashian received a 20.5 carat
engagement ring! No wedding date is set just yet, and the couple took some
time to vacation in Monaco and enjoy their engagement.
The couple's financial worth.
Kim and Kris are very excited about their engagement, but in the midst of
all the marriage talk they are also planning on having a prenuptial
agreement. Kim's net worth is about $35 million, and Kris' is about $8
million. With so much money involved
the couple did agree to have their lawyers create
an appropriate legal arrangement for the management of their assets now
and in the future.
Reasons for a
PrenuptialAgreements.com lists these 8
reasons to get a prenuptial agreement:
1. You are much wealthier than your partner.
2. You earn much more than your partner.
3. You are remarrying. When you remarry, your legal and financial concerns
are often very different than in your first marriage.
4. Your partner has a high debt load.
5. You own part of a business.
6. To prevent your spouse from overturning your estate plan.
7. You are much poorer than your partner.
8. If you plan to quit your job to raise children.
Reasons not to get a prenuptial agreement.
1. Stigma. Some people look at a prenuptial agreement as a sign of
distrust and an invitation for divorce.
Prenups can cost between $2,000 and
3. Pressure. If you are feeling pressured by someone to sign a prenuptial
agreement it is most likely a bad idea.
4. Assets. Neither of you have any assets or expected to inherit any.
5. Career. Both of your careers are equivalent in pay, you both plan on
working, and neither of you foresee a dramatic change in your pay.