Daters and job seekers have a lot in common. In fact they have so much in
common these two groups may want to consider getting together and sharing
their strategies and best practices. Each group has a similar goal. They
want someone else to accept them and enter into a relationship. Both
groups try a variety of strategies in order to attract their target
audience and convince that audience that they are a great choice to
partner with. Consider the following dating tips and how they also relate
to finding a job.
Top 5 dating tips from TopDatingTips.com:
1. Get prepared for dating. Half-heartedness won't work. In fact, it won’t
even get you half-way.
2. Get your act together. Begin a regime of looking your best. Join a gym,
read health magazines, get fit and start a diet.
3. Go shopping and treat yourself to new clothes and even a whole new
look. Get your image right.
4. Think about what you want to gain from dating and what timeframes you
5. Surround yourself with people who will support your dating aims.
Now, let's match these up to 5 great job hunting practices.
1. Get prepared for job hunting. Today, job hunting requires a variety of
tactics and you've got to have lots of focus, energy, and enthusiasm to
make things happen for yourself.
2. Look like your ready to work. Your appearance should portray
confidence, energy, and enthusiasm. Your first impression (smile,
handshake, greeting, spirit, flare) is critical.
3. Dress appropriately! Don't think your appearance is important? You need
to read this article:
Will How I Look Affect Getting Job Offers?
4. Be specific about what you want to get out of your job search. In a
sense you have a chance to do things even better this time. Don't let your
career pick you; you need to pick your career.
5. Surround yourself with people that support your job search. Someone who
wants to drag you into their unproductive daily world of playing games and
idle chatter is only hindering you from finding meaningful work.