Fun At The Mall Teaches Kids How To Find Values!
Here is a fun summer game you can play with your teens at the mall that
also teaches them how to shop for values!
1. Create a list of popular summer items. For example: flip flops, swim
suit, fan, baseball glove, picnic basket, volleyball, sun glasses, etc.
2. Take your teens (and maybe even their friends) to the family's favorite
3. Split kids into teams (or if you are comfortable with them shopping
individually, you can do that as well).
4. Tell the kids their challenge is to take the list and politely explore a
variety of stores find the best value (comparison shop) on each of the
items on your list.
5. Add up the best prices each team found. The team with the lowest dollar
price for the entire list wins! (You determine the prize!)
6. If you want to really crank up the game, encourage your kids to
politely approach a store manager and ask something like, "Hello. I am
shopping for a baseball glove today. What is the best deal your store is
2. Picnic basket
3. Boy's swimming trunks
4. Girl's shorts
5. Baseball glove
6. Roller blades
1. Kite $4.57 at Kid's Park
2. Picnic basket $8.48 at Travel Shoppe
3. Boy's swimming trunks $7.19 at Penny's
4. Girl's shorts $5.29 at The Brooke
5. Baseball glove $34.50 at Logan's Lair
6. Roller blades $52.96 at Fancy Fun
1. Kite $2.50 at Fun Times
2. Picnic basket $9.97 at Beaches
3. Boy's swim trunks $11.40 at Megan's Place
4. Girl's shorts $12.79 at The Corner Store
5. Baseball glove $29.69 at Action Sports
6. Roller blades $41.98 at New & Used
Total: 108.33 Team 2 wins!
About the author Mike Bowman
Mike writes for TheQuarterRoll.com, a website that makes small business
ownership and personal finance fun and entertaining through the stories of
real people. Be sure to follow Mike on Twitter
Prevent Financial Falls With A Cash Cushion
College Tuition and Assistance For Hardworking People
3 Ways To
Completely Beat Out Your Competition For A New Job
Ways College Tuition Can Be 100% Free
Minimum Wage Survival Tips
To Make More Money At Work
Cheap Travel -
Pay Less For Adventure